Currently, there are two main breast implant manufacturers in the United States: Allergan and Mentor. While the differences between them are minimal, at Adore Plastic Surgery we prefer Allergan since they offer the latest advancements in breast implants with a variety of shapes, textures, and sizes available. Allergan breast implants are designed to help women meet their breast augmentation expectations.
Choosing the right breast implant type is a crucial step during your surgical planning phase. We strongly recommend you take this important step with the help of your surgeon, who will match the right type of implant to achieve your ultimate beauty goals. Our surgeons can help you regain your confidence and pick the implant type, size, and incision that meet your needs. This article will cover the benefits of choosing Allergan so you can decide whether or not these implants are an excellent fit for you.
Book your Free Consultation
Preparations & Surgery Day
Ready to take the first step?
Our doctors and staff are devoted to our patients and to the commitment of providing quality patient care on all levels.
The Natrelle Collection
- Natrelle® Saline-Filled Breast Implants - These implants can be used for breast augmentation or breast reconstruction. They are composed of a silicone rubber outer shell and inflated to the desired size with a sterile saltwater solution. They can be prefilled, filled, or emptied during breast augmentations surgery. Some implants allow for the volume to be adjusted after implantation. These implants can vary in shape, texture, profile, thickness, and size.
- Natrelle® Gel-Filled Breast Implants – These implants have an outer shell prefilled with silicone gel, a thick fluid that makes the implants softer than saline implants. FDA-approved for their safety and effectiveness, they come in a variety of sizes and textures and can be used to correct the results of a surgery, for breast augmentation in women older than 22, and breast reconstruction in women of any age.
- Natrelle® 410 Anatomical Breast Implants – These are teardrop-shaped implants with a design that resembles the natural curve of a woman’s breast.
- Natrelle® Inspira Breast Implants – These are the latest and most innovative implants. They create a round look with a natural shape and feel also providing a level of firmness in proportion to the chest. Inspira implants are silicone-based, which gives them a natural feel.
The Natrelle Confidence Plus warranty offers the most extensive coverage for breast implants. A future replacement is included in the warranty as long as Natrelle covers the event. The warranty applies to all FDA-approved Natrelle breast implants in use and according to the directions for its use. Some of the events covered include:
- Breast implants shell breakage that causes a rupture or deflation requiring surgery.
- Capsular contracture that necessitates surgical intervention for which Allergan may request photographs.
- Late seroma for textured implants, which may be diagnosed by a surgeon and confirmed with appropriate photographs or any other reports accepted by Allergan.
- BIA-ALCL diagnosis (Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma)
Some events not covered:
- Dissatisfied with the implant size or look
- When the implant is removed for capsular contracture for saline implants
- Adverse reactions not included in the warranty
- When the product is damaged by cosmetic surgery revision
Latest trends in breast implants
When it comes to breast implants, the choices are many. But what are women looking for these days? Here is a closer look at what’s popular out there.
- Natural-looking results – Women are no longer looking for large breasts. Most women these days prefer a natural look. The results should be flattering and in proportion to the rest of the body so that the newly enhanced look is less obvious.
- Silicone implants – Surgeons and patients alike prefer silicone over saline implants. The reason why is that they feel more like natural breast tissue and they are less likely to break and leak. Also, silicone implants can be placed over the muscle in women that lack breast tissue or body fat without the common concerns in saline implants where the implant can be visible in thinner women. Silicone is also lighter than saline, so there is less risk of sagging.
Regardless of what the latest trends may be, the best way to get great results is by choosing the right surgeon and the look that matches your body type. For example, women with a large frame need large implants despite what’s trending. Likewise, some women may benefit more from saline implants, regardless of silicone implants being popular these days. What matters is that you pick what’s right for you, no matter what’s trending.
Why do we use Allergan?
At Adore Plastic Surgery, we are committed to offering the latest advancements in plastic surgery to our patients. So far, Allergan’s Natrelle breast implants are the safest and most natural-looking implants available out there. These implants will provide you with the firmness, shape, and volume that resemble a natural breast. Natrelle 410 implants, for example, have a thicker and more cohesive silicone gel that won’t leak in case of a rupture.
Trust our surgeons with your breast implants needs
While the type of breast implant depends on your personal preference, it’s always good to schedule a one-on-one consultation with a surgeon at Adore Plastic Surgery who will ask you about your concerns and breast augmentation goals. This information, together with an examination of the anatomy of your breasts, is used to make better recommendations about which implant size and shape is more suitable in your specific case. During the consultation, you can compare implants and choose the right one with confidence.