Pros and Cons of Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer
Among the cosmetic procedures currently performed, breast augmentation is, without a doubt, the most popular globally. The number of women who decide to undergo this procedure is increasing, either to improve their self-esteem and feel satisfied with themselves or to change their look.
All patients are always advised to go with a specialized and experienced doctor who can advise you which type of procedure suited best to your needs.
Currently, one of the most demanding treatments is breast augmentation with fat transfer. If you want to know more about this fantastic technique, then you must keep reading this blog we have brought for you.
Breast augmentation with fat transfer
Breasts have been commonly associated with sexuality and femininity. Small breasts, excessively large breasts, and asymmetrical breasts can significantly affect self-esteem and confidence in a woman's personal and professional life.
Nowadays, you can add volume to your breasts without using breast implants. Still, the first condition to be eligible for this procedure is that you must have at least one donor area with an excess of unwanted fat deposits.
It means that the procedure is performed in two stages. The first stage involves collecting the fat from the donor areas through liposuction, and the second stage is to reinject the purified fat into the breast.
During the liposuction, your plastic surgeon will focus on removing fat from the donor areas (usually the abdomen, flanks, and thighs). Once the fat is collected, it goes through a purification process that produces pure fat, which is then injected into the breasts.
Breast augmentation using fat transfer is the best option for those patients who are afraid of breast implants and wants to get a natural look.
Pros of fat transfer breast augmentation
- The procedure is completely natural. The principal advantage of this method is the use of your body fat. During this procedure, we are not injecting foreign substances into your body. Therefore, there is no risk of having an allergic reaction because it's your own fat.
- There are no incisions on the breasts; the only marks left are from small liposuction incisions in the donor areas.
- You get double benefits. Large and better-shaped breasts combined with a slimmer silhouette resulting from the removal of excess fat in the donor areas. In other words, by choosing to transfer fat to your breasts, you get the added benefit of eliminating stubborn fat deposits in your body.
- Natural results will be maintained over a long time.
- The procedure is minimally invasive. This technique aims to avoid the risks associated with implants.
- Increase the volume of your breasts. This procedure can be used to increase the size of your breast, improve defects or imperfections and to enhance the contour and appearance of the breast
- The recovery time is short. Because it is a minimally invasive procedure. The only recovery time needed is due to liposuction in order to extract the fat that is going to be transferred to your breasts.
Cons of Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Like any other procedure, it also comes with some disadvantages that you should know about. These may include:
- The final result is very limited to the amount of fat that can be injected in each breast, and it also depends on the amount of fat available in the donor areas.
- You will not be able to choose the resulting size of your breasts; the volume of the breast will be increased by one size or one cup. Currently, the only option to achieve a significant proportion is to repeat the procedure to achieve the desired size.
- This procedure could have a low survival rate of fat transferred cells, which are also frequently reabsorbed by the body over time.
- Although the risks are minimal, some patients may develop calcification, cyst formation, and scarring within the breast tissue.
It is essential to understand that Breast Augmentation with fat transfer doesn't achieve the same results as breast implants. Results may vary from patient to patient due to different reasons. The final result depends on how many fat cells were successfully transferred, and the response of your body to surgery.
Your first consultation at Adore Plastic Surgery
If you are interested in this procedure but have doubts about it, at Adore Plastic Surgery, we offer you an initial consultation completely free of charge. In this consultation, one of our surgeons will answer any questions you may have. Call us and schedule your appointment with our specialist. (954) 546-7655