Wart removal surgery is a popular cosmetic procedure performed at Adore Plastic Surgery in Fort Lauderdale. Some skin bumps are commonly painless and can bother, itch and even embarrass the wearer's appearance; that is why many people go to a dermatologist or a wart removal doctor to make the diagnosis and thus get rid of warts.
In this article, you will find what a Wart Removal in Fort Lauderdale can do for you, from the common types of warts, cost, surgical options, what to expect after the surgery, and more for better skin.
What are warts?
They are small growths in the skin that are usually painless. In most cases, they are harmless and are caused by a virus called human papillomavirus (HPV). There are currently more than 150 types of HPV, in which some types of warts spread through sex.
Common types of Warts and Verrucas
The common types of warts are the following:
- Vulgar warts : they are the most common. They are rounded, they can appear in groups or solitary, and their surface is rough. They are formed on the back and palms of the hands and soles of the feet. Also, between the fingers and sometimes on the face, neck, and scalp.
- Genital warts: they are also called condylomas. They are of softer consistency, and sometimes they are shaped like cauliflower when they are very numerous. They are located in any area of the genital area (penis, vulva), in the groin and the perianal region. They are very contagious since the urogenital mucosa is more delicate and susceptible to erosions and wounds that facilitate the entry of HPV. They are transmitted during sexual intercourse.
- Filiform warts: elongated and softer texture, usually appear on the neck and eyelids. They are attached to the skin by a small area. They often detach on their own and are often hooked with nails, neck chains, brush, or comb.
- Subungual and periungual warts: this is the name of warts that appear under or around the nails, respectively.
- Flat warts: they are more frequent in children and adolescents. They do not protrude too much, and their color is usually whitish and similar to other common warts. They are small in size and distributed in groups or clusters.
- Plantar warts: better known as papillomas, plantar warts appear on the soles of the feet. This location makes them very painful due to the pressure of the body's weight when walking or wearing shoes, so they almost always require treatment that eliminates them instead of waiting for them to disappear on their own.
Surgical options for wart removal surgery
Some options for wart removal surgery are the following:
The curettage can be used to clean a body cavity of non-native matter. With a curettage, the surgeon can remove diseased tissue such as tumors or increments. Also, it allows for obtaining a biopsy that can be used for diagnosis. Curettage involves the use of a small, spoon-shaped tool with a sharp edge called a curette.
Electrosurgery is the application of radiofrequency to a specific tissue of the human body. Electrosurgery is for a significant surgical effect since the most common surgical or clinical implication is the cutting of the tissue. Electrosurgery can be a bit risky since the patient can suffer burns.
Laser surgery uses a beam of intense light or laser to burn and destroy the wart tissue. Laser surgery is usually done in a doctor's office or a clinic. Local or general anesthesia may be used depending on the size of the area to be treated and the number of warts to be removed.
What to expect after the wart removal surgery
You should know that it is reasonable to experience discomfort in the treated area. The recovery time will depend on the size of the lesion and the place of origin, but it usually does not take more than a few days, although complete healing may take up about a month.
It is possible that your wound may leave a scar. Or you may experience changes in skin color. You should follow your recovery instructions after the treatment is done. Do not make force with the excision zone because it can be opened despite having stitches, not doing strenuous physical exercises. Exposure to the sun's rays should be avoided during the less the first three days, resume daily activities after two weeks long enough for the upper layer of the skin to have completely healed and recovered its normal texture. During the bath, it is advisable to cover yourself with plastic and stick it with adhesive plaster to avoid wetting the Injury, in case of pain, discharge or bad smell, contact your wart removal doctor immediately.
Wart removal surgery cost in Fort Lauderdale
The average cost of a Wart Removal Surgery can vary widely, depending on the complexity of your procedure; the type of anesthesia and who is providing it; whether the procedure takes place in a hospital, outpatient surgery center, or physician's office; and the experience level of your surgeon.
Why Adore Plastic Surgery?
At Adore Plastic Surgery, we are committed to providing superior quality care to our patients through the use of the most innovative medical technologies available in the field. For this reason, we have conveniently placed our office in one of the most centrally located cities in Florida. If you are considering getting any procedure done, come to our location in Florida and change your life forever.
Contact a doctor today for your wart removal surgery
If you feel motivated, you have to schedule an appointment with our doctors and get rid of those warts. Do not hesitate to call today to our phone (954) 546-7655 or send us an email for any question to email@example.com. At Adore Plastic Surgery, you will get the best and fast results.